Normally you can bypass the ink cartridge expiration date on some HP printers if you remove the CMOS battery. But this means that you have to disassemble the printer, locate the battery, pry it loose for about a half hour, then reassemble the printer.
We have found a patch that may reset the printer driver and override expired HP printer cartridges. Here are the directions to apply the patch and reset the expiration date on the HP printer:
Download this file: hpfix.zip
Directions for running the patch:
1) Turn off your printer so that the internal date gets reset.
2) Apply patch and check if at least one printer driver file gets patched.
3) Either restart the spooling service or restart your computer just to be
sure that the patched driver DLL gets loaded.
4) Turn on your printer again and see if you can print with the expired
Alternatively, you can do this procedure:
1) Unplug your printer
2) Set back system date to prior to the printer cartridge expiration date
3) Plug in your printer and turn it on
4) Try to print
5) Reset system date to current date