For WIN 7 we reset the MX410 Ink Cartridge Counters in this way:
1. Refill cartridge and install back to printer.
2. Open “Devices and Printers” from the “Start” menu.
3. Double click on the Canon MX410 Series Printer.
4. Under “Printer/FAX Management” click on “Display Printer/FAX Properties”.
5. On the new window, “Canon MX410 series Printer Properties,” select the “Advanced” tab.
a. IF all of the options are grayed out, you need to enable them first – select the “General” tab.
b. On the “General” tab, click on the “Change Properties” button.
c. Go back to the “Advanced” tab, the options should now be enabled.
6. Uncheck “Enable advanced printing features.”
7. Click on the “Apply” button at the bottom and then the “OK” button to close the window.
8. Hold the red “Stop” button on MX410 printer for 5-20 seconds. The “out of ink” message should disappear.
9. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to open the properties window again.
10. Check “Enable advanced printing features” to return the setting to what it was before.
11. Click on the “Apply” button at the bottom and then the “OK” button to close the window.
12. Printer should work again with refilled ink cartridge.
The following printers take the Canon PG-210 ink cartridge:
PIXMA MP495 Wireless
PIXMA MX340 Wireless
PIXMA MX350 Wireless